My Dell Laptop (Inspiron 8600) Blue screens after the June Windows updates. The PC runs about 30 seconds, the BSOD. At first I suspected the update was incompatible with the internal wireless card. I bought a new card, and re-installed a fresh version of XP. Runs about 90 secoinds then BSOD. I uninstalled the wireless and used a Netgear USB Wireless, was working great for about an hour, then BSOD. The BSOD code indicates hardware, but I am convinced it is a bad updated driver or dll or something. I am at a loss. Anybody have any ideas?

if you re-instaslled a fresh copy of winxp i don't think its a windows update ,i would first get a ISO of memtest86 memtest iso for windows and burn to a bootable disk and scan for ram error
you may need a third party iso burning software to make the bootable disk,i useto use imageburn when i had winxp computer .imageburn good luck

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.