I have a Windows XP Installation iso and need to install it from a Flash Drive onto an old PC that I'm giving to my wife's grandmother. I tried a few programs to make the flash drive bootable, but I have yet to find one that will accept an iso file as a source. Any suggestions?

Contributors
Replies
Views
4 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by awandest

Well the Iso file needs to be burned as an image on the usb. Here is a good site that should help : http://www.isotousb.com/ .

On second note, you may need to enable usb bootable devices in the bios, and older computers may not have the option.

Signed,
Surgeongeneralswarning

Edited by dave9151982

Get Linux on the PC instead? At times i find linux alot easier to use rather than Xp and is alot more secure. but might just be personal preffrence, but i guess when you think about it Xp might be way easier to use for a older lady.
And the only tip i have to offer for the usb problem is go into your bios and set it to boot from usb instead of cd-drive or HDD(no clue what your using at the moment but change it to usb).
Would perhaps just be easier to burn a CD with xp instead of using a usb if your having tons of problems with installing it from a usb.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.