Hi Dw

I bought a laptop 2 years back and in the past few weeks it freezed and i was so frastrated and i just rebooted it with the disc that I was issued from the store when i was purchasing it now the problem I'm having is that it seems as if the disc doesnt have full resources meaning the drivers it doesn't come with the drivers now I can control the brightness, the volume doesn't show anymore the bars, I can't connect to the wifi even on the ethernet it doesn't connect, i tried to download the intel drivers but when installing it, at the end it gives me an error something like the hardware is not confiregured to support this but i've forget what it writes after installation now i don't know what to do. my laptop is samsung forgot the model code but it has R and 5 that what im sure of. please help me anyone know how can I reinstall the drivers because even the resolution is bad.

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

We can't tell you where to get drivers if you don't tell us what kind of laptop you have. This may not be necessary, however, because most laptops come with a recovery partition which will allow you to restore the laptop to the state it was in when you bought it. This will likely wipe any user files (videos, text, mp3, etc) that you loaded up so if you go the recovery route you should make a backup of your files to an external drive first.

Hello,

Since you already found the site for the driver what you are missing is the order to install them. The first driver you need to download is the chipset driver. You have to have the chipset driver loaded before you can access any additional devices in the computer properly. Without it any driver you try to install for a built in device will not be able to communicate with the device. Once you install the chipset driver I will be willing to bet you can install the others without any problems.

Just install speccy and find out the model no. if you don't know and then download the related drivers and install them hope this work.

OK I've tried downloding the chipset drivers but the error is the same it says This computer does not meet the minimum requirements to install this software. so i don't know how I will resolve this

I've never used this, but you can try it, DriverPack Solution, from this link: http://drp.su/

hi. you still haven't told us the make and model number of the laptop ,amybe we can help with locating the correct drivers.
samsung with a r and 5 is not enough info to make sure you get the correct drivers .you need to get the drivers from Samsung web site ,so exact model number will be necessary

My laptop is Samsung RV511

if it the us model ,the drivers can be found here ,follow rch1231's suggestion as the order to install the drivers
Samsung support

I have encountered the same, mine is acer aspire 5742Z-4601.can anyone please post the link for the drivers.thanks

I've managed to get the drivers from Samsung. Thanks to everyone.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.