Ok, so my computer was running completely fine (with the exception of random freezes) for the past month or so. So I ran driver cleaner and all that and reinstalled a new graphics driver. While the computer was shut down, I installed a PCI wifi adapter card and removed an old dead hard drive. After booting, windows would not load, despite the correct boot settings still intact in BIOS. I keep getting this message, despite the fact that seconds before everything worked fine - 'reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key'.

So I thought I would just reformat a drive and reinstall windows, which is the HD I previously installed the exact same copy of windows 7 on. Only now, every HD and every partition I can't install windows to. I get the message 'the selected disk has an MBR partition table, on EFI systems Windows can only be installed on GPT disks.

The only thing I can think of is I pulled some of the SATA cables a bit too hard when removing the HD? Don't know wth. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Specs:

MSI P67A-GD65 LGA 1155 Intel P67 MOBO
i7-2600k Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz CPU
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333
EVGA GeForce GTX 580
WD WD1001FALS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5"
Seagate 1TB 7200 RPM
Intel X25-M Mainstream SSDSA2MH080G2R5 2.5" 80GB SATA SSD
OCZ Vertex II SSD in RAID 0 with Intel SSD (OS on this RAID)

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hi,

When you are trying to Install OS you are getting MBR Partition you can format disk through command prompt and can make Partitions and install OS .Make floppy as primary bootable disk and reboot your system in command prompt once the bios sequence has been changed the prompt will be as below type FDISK :

A:/FDISK and delete MBR (Master Boot Record)partitions and again create new partitions and proceed with OS Installation.

Go to Microsoft Recovery Console, use the command fixmbr

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.