Hello,

I realise that much has been discussed within this forum previously about slow browsing problems with IE. And I have tried all the various stated fixes without any change. At one stage I almost wished I had Norton Firewall installed as this seemed to be causing most of the problems.

My installation is only 2 weeks old, with all applicable updates installed, and the browser was working just fine up until late last week when at some point I cannot nail down to a specific event, such as loading software, it all went pear shaped.

My home network consists of 2 computers, each with a wireless network card communicating with a D-Link DSL-G406T (ADSL Modem/Router/Wirless) hooked up to my phone line.

The other computer which has XP Home remaines un-effected and all other aspects of internet comms works fine on the XP Pro machine such as e-mail and file downloads, the fault is isolated to IE. One thing I have just noticed is that if I click on a link contained within an e-mail the first page opens at normal speed and it is only any further link I click on that it slows right down again.

I have run the following software in an effort to resolve this
Spyware Doctor
Ad Aware SE Plus
PC-Cillin
Trend Anti-Spyware
Registry Mechanic
XP Repair Pro 2006
SFC.exe /scannow

And I have also done the following

Re Installed the video drivers
Repair Installation of Office 2003

My next step is to try a repair installation of XP Pro.

Any thoughts most appreciated.

Regards

Lloyd

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Post script,

Used Hijackthis and found an unknown entry in the services area called Wdelmgr20.exe Did some recearch on this and it seems it saves files that are deleted, uses lots of computer resources and creates large dat files called wKNtFsLdf.dat

I deleted the exe and dat files, browser is back to full speed.

This information may help others.

Member Avatar for taru190283

Try updating your browser version as well as deleting cookies, Temp files as well.

Hello,

I realise that much has been discussed within this forum previously about slow browsing problems with IE. And I have tried all the various stated fixes without any change. At one stage I almost wished I had Norton Firewall installed as this seemed to be causing most of the problems.

My installation is only 2 weeks old, with all applicable updates installed, and the browser was working just fine up until late last week when at some point I cannot nail down to a specific event, such as loading software, it all went pear shaped.

My home network consists of 2 computers, each with a wireless network card communicating with a D-Link DSL-G406T (ADSL Modem/Router/Wirless) hooked up to my phone line.

The other computer which has XP Home remaines un-effected and all other aspects of internet comms works fine on the XP Pro machine such as e-mail and file downloads, the fault is isolated to IE. One thing I have just noticed is that if I click on a link contained within an e-mail the first page opens at normal speed and it is only any further link I click on that it slows right down again.

I have run the following software in an effort to resolve this
Spyware Doctor
Ad Aware SE Plus
PC-Cillin
Trend Anti-Spyware
Registry Mechanic
XP Repair Pro 2006
SFC.exe /scannow

And I have also done the following

Re Installed the video drivers
Repair Installation of Office 2003

My next step is to try a repair installation of XP Pro.

Any thoughts most appreciated.

Regards

Lloyd

Welcome to Daniweb,thank you for your feedback :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.