Hi guys,

According to
Here

I am told to update the ISScript engine on your computer by downloading the latest one from Here

However, I can't even install this MSI because the error message speaks : The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if you are running Windows in safe mode, or if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed.

Anyone can help to solve this? I am using Windows XP Home Edition. I am not running SAFE mode at all.

I tried to download the Windows Installer. However, "Windows XP contains Windows Installer 2.0 and therefore can't be installed or upgraded by this redistributable"

Question, if I got a problem with my Windows Installer in XP. Then how am I going to solve or re-install it?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I had this kind of problem once and it came to changing file permissions on the root of the system drive.

Go in safe mode, login as the Administrator,go in My Computer, right click on the local disk c: choose security and make sure System has full control and go back in normal mode.

Also you should verify that teh Windows Installer Service is not disabled in the services console (you can access that with start/run/services.msc) and that the msiexec.exe file exists in the C:\WINDOWS\system32\ folder.

Permissions is ok. The service is set as automatic. However, to re-install the msiexec from system32 folder.. it seem to be giving only a list of commands. But didn't install..

The problem still exist. I tried to install a Phone software. Sony Ericsson... but they said.. The Windows Installer wizard was interrupted.

I had this kind of problem once and it came to changing file permissions on the root of the system drive.

Go in safe mode, login as the Administrator,go in My Computer, right click on the local disk c: choose security and make sure System has full control and go back in normal mode.

Also you should verify that teh Windows Installer Service is not disabled in the services console (you can access that with start/run/services.msc) and that the msiexec.exe file exists in the C:\WINDOWS\system32\ folder.

Hi. I just realised I can install a .MSI file. So the problem is solved rite? However, when I tried to install Sony Ericsson PHone software, they said the Wizard was interrupted. THerefore not able to instal..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.