Hello, Everyone! My delema is this. I am currently running windows NT on my computer. I need too becuase the software my company uses is only supported by NT. I would however also like to be able too switch to windows XP on the same computer. I have searched other forums and have only been able to find Windows to Linux. I have a Two Hard Drives C: and D:. Can someone just give me little how to or direct me somewhere for information?
Thanks,
Gollum1

P.S. Don't let the "man" keep you down! :evil:

Contributors
Views
13 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by ONEderer

If Windows NT is on drive C:\, this may create a problem. If you can install WinXP on drive C:\, and WinNT on maybe drive D:\, then WinXP would detect that WinNT is there, and it should create a dual boot menu at for startup. I have to assume that you are using the NTFS format for your hard drive? I believe that WinXP should be able to handle WinNT files without any problems. You probably could get along by using only WinXP. However, if I remember correctly, WinNT is only capable of handling the max of 2GB? This is why it would be better to have both operating systems on different separate drives.

ONEderer

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.