When i press the @ sign i get " and when i press " i get @ also other keys on my keyboard are mixed up.:sad: I have installed xp pro several times recently and the first time i did i got the on-screen keyboard up to try and change these mixed up letters and after pressing several keys simultaniously they seemed to fix the problem but after re-installing xp pro i tried pressing the same keys but forgot which keys to press so i still have the problem. Any help will be much appreciated

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

you've got your keyboard set up as American, cant remmeber off hand how to change it but a quick gogle should give you an explaination

After taking your advice and searching google i found out that pressing alt + Shift toggles between american and english keyboard layout.

Thanks a lot.

i have same problem but i still have proble what can i do

i have same problem but i still have proble what can i do

Hi altaf919.

First of all- welcome to Daniweb :).

We ask that members not piggy-back questions on to a thread previously started by another member here in the Viruses, Spyware & other Nasties forum, (regardless of how similar your problem might seem). Not only does it divert the focus of the thread away from the original poster's problem, but it also makes it less likely that you yourself will get the individual attention that you need.

Please start your own thread and post your question there. When you do, please try to give us as much specific info as possible regarding the problem (exact error messages, system specs, etc.).

For a full description of our posting guidelines and general rules of conduct, please see this page:

http://www.daniweb.com/forums/faq.php?faq=daniweb_policies

Thanks for understanding.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.