I changed my windows 32 bit for 64 bit but i cant get updates. I get the error 80070003 error encountered when i try to update.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Member Avatar for deletedaccount

Hi there.

I have found you a solution to the problem and I will write it out here. We will start by turning off the Windows Updates service. You can do this by going to Control panel > Administrative Tools. Go to Services, find Windows Update and stop it with the Right Click context menu.

Now we need to remove the temporary Windows Update files. Open up Explorer and find the drive where you installed windows, which for me is the C:\ drive. Open the Windows folder, then open SoftwareDistribution folder and then open up the DataStore folder. Now delete all files inside of this folder. Now go back to SoftwareDistribution and go into the Download folder. Delete all files in this folder also.

Now go back to the Services in Control Panel and re-start the service with the right click.

Hope I helped, let me know if it works! If not, I shall try to find you another solution to fixing this :)

For more information: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/windows-update-error-80070003#1TC=windows-7

Now go back to the Services in Control Panel and re-start the service with the right click.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.