Hi, Im new here, so Im not sure if this is the place that I post my problem. Its just that I didnt see a post button anywhere else?
However, My problem is my keyboard. When I hit the letters U,E,R,D,F, and M they immediately open up windows to another function, example E-my computer/ R-"run" window prompt. U- "utility manager" etc, etc.
can anyone help?
I have the windows 2000.
just a couple of things I think I should put in, I tried turning off the sticky keys function, I went into the utility manager and turned off all the functions in there, I cleaned the keyboard, checked for the pins on the keyboard cable, and tried changing keyboards. still the same. totally frustrating!
Jane

Sounds like the 'Windows' key(the one with a Windows logo) is stuck. That key used with the keys you describe have those functions. If you press the Pause key(with the Windows key) the System control panel should open. If you can't get it unstuck it may be time for a new keyboard.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.