I have a problem with Windows XP Pro Internet Explorer that I can't solve. When on line with IE, it will change my Windows Explorer display format from the "List" file display to the "Tiles" display. At the same time my IE Encoding will be changed from Western European (Windows) to Western European (ISO). If I manually change the Encoding back to Western European (Windows), the Windows Explorer display will remain in the "List" mode until I change to a web site that changes my Encoding back to (ISO). Another symptom is advertising boxes often display the "Action Canceled" message rather than the ad.
I have tried resetting every selection I can find and have removed IE and all its directories and reloaded, but the problem remains. There must be a settings file or registery setting that retains IE's settings. I've had the problem for some time and don't remember when it started. I run the same setup on other computers with no problems.