Had my 7 Ultimate 64 bit go south to the point of reinstall. Everything is going smoothly except that I cannot change the screen resolution to fit the monitor. It is stuck at 1024 x 768. I did update the nVidia graphics adapter with MS update and attempted to change it thru that but still no go. Did do an sfc /scannow run and that came back reporting no problems. Did do a full format on the partition before installing 7. Except for this problem, everything actually seems better now. Any thoughts?

Hi
Have you downloaded the most up to date driver from nVidia for your adapter and tried it? Forget MS update as it does not always have the full driver functionality and features that come with the manafacturers version.

Failing that do you have another graphics adapter that you can try? It may be the original one has developed a fault, which will mean buying a replacement.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.