I am running Acrobat 9 Pro Extended with Windoes 7 Pro, SP 1.

I have been using this program for a long time, and I would like to update it. I downloaded all of the uodates frim Adobe's website along tiem ago. As I understand it, the updates must be installed in sequental increments. From 9.11 to 9.45. Thre is also a 3D update.

I installed the 3D update without a problem. However, when I try to install the first update, from version 9.1 to version 9.11, I get a message which says;

"The upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows Intstaller service because the program to be upgraded may be missing or the upograde patch may update a different version of the program. Verify that the program to be upgraded exists on your computer and that you have the correct upgrade patch."

The Adobe upgrade files are all .msp files. The 3D update is a .msi file.

The Acrobat 9 Pro Extended software worls fine and I use it multiple times each day with an issue.

Why can't I upgrade my Acrobat 9 Pro Extended? Can anyone help me with this issue?

Thanks!

It may be an idea to uninstall the 3D update if possible and then try to install the other updates. Another alternative includes trying to install the updates in safe mode.

If all else fails then it may well be a case of uninstalling and reinstalling Acrobat 9 and then running the updates leaving the 3D one to last.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.