My OS is Win2000 Pro and here are the problems I'm having:

1. I had several trojans/viruses that I now cleaned up, but most of the files for the system "Administrative Tools" are missing. So I can't configure any programs such as my firewall options. Is there a way I can restore these missing Administrative Tools files?

2. When I click on "Ctrl+Alt+Delete" the "Task Manager" field is disabled, but I did get a registry fix file that I've loaded to fix this problem....but every time the computer is rebooted the Task Manager becomes disabled again???

3. When system is booting up, I receive a message: Rundl error loading WOFC46dd.dll the specified module could not be found. Is this is a missing .dll file or could this be spam?

If anyone can help, I would so much appreciate it.

Thanks!

The missing dll error is a result of your infection(s), and the fact that the Task Manager becomes disabled every time you boot tells me that you machine is probably not infection-free yet.

Please do the following:

Download the (free) HijackThis utility:

Once downloaded, follow these instructions to install and run the program:

Create a folder for HJT outside of any Temp/Temporary folders and move the HijackThis.exe file to that folder now. A folder such such as C:\HijackThis or C:\Spyware Tools\HijackThis will do.

Run HijackThis, but do not have HJT fix anything yet; only have it scan your system! Once the scan is complete, the "Scan" button will turn into an option to "Save log...".
Save the log in the folder you created for HijackThis; the saved file will be named "hijackthis.log". Open the log file with Windows Notepad, and cut-n-paste the entire contents of the Notepad file in to a new thread in our Malware forum (we do not deal with malware in this particlar forum). The log contents will tell us a lot about what "nasties" have crept into your system, and once we analyse the log we can tell you what to do from there.

In your new post, also include descriptions of the problems you are having or include a reference link to this thread.

-

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.