OK, I have been pulling my hair out about this for hours now and I just can’t work it out.

I run a 3 monitor setup. 3 screens running simultaneously on the same machine, I’m not sure if this has any relevance to the problem or not but I thought I better mention it just in case. Up until a few hours ago I was running some software called “ultramon. It basically allows you to use the task bar on all of the screens rather than just the main one.

While using my computer for general tasks… it froze. I restarted it thinking everything would be fine, but it wasn’t. For some reason I can’t get my main task bar to show. (the bar at the bottom of the screen with the START menu on it). When I boot up my computer I can see it for a second, but then it just disappears and for the life of me I can’t get it to display again.

I have uninstalled ultramon thinking that this could be causing it, but that didn’t help at all. I have also tried playing around with the task bar menu in the control panel, still nothing.

If I press the windows key the start menu comes up, but just without the task bar. Its only a small bug but it is VERY annoying. Especially when you are trying to multi task.

I will send $10 over via paypal to anyone who can help me fix this.

Any help is MUCH obliged.

Thanks!
Jon

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Did you try creating a new user account? If ultramon corrupted your account it could make the taskbar behave strangely.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.