Im in kind of a horrid situation here, I installed SP2 and everything went smoothly until my antivirus said some random jargle after everything was done, and it restarted. To my suprise the windows loading screen hangs for about 20 minutes and does not boot. I turned off the computer and it asked me if I wanted to boot in safe mode so I press safe mode and it does not work, my only option is to wipe which I really dont want to do! Does anyone have a solution to this, I read on other forums that you can force a boot or something with a windows recovery disc. But I dont have one of those, so if anyone can help please post. :sad:

If you don't have a Windows XP boot discs there are many guides online that tell you step by step how to make an XP boot floppy. After creating it go into the BIOS and configure the floppy to be the first boot device.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.