Hey gang whats up? Here's my problem. Ever since i loaded win xp i have not had any audio through my speakers. i checked the driver in my sound and audio devices and it was installed but not working properly. So i uninstalled it, and downloaded again from the c-media website. When i did that the new hardware device wizard attempted to install it, but when it was done it stated that "this device cannot start (code 10)." I then did some research into why this was happening and i was told that the windows drivers may have been the reason for the error, so i was advised to try downloading from this address, www.softwarepatch.com/utilities/cmedia-9738.html but i still ran into the same problem. Does this sound familiar to anyone? Please help

Thanks,
Matt

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Found it. after i posted, i read posts with similar problems, and found one that worked. Thanks Daniweb:lol:

Hi there:

I am having similar problems with a c-media ac 97 onboard card. Could you let me know where you found the solution?

Yee-Sin

Found it. after i posted, i read posts with similar problems, and found one that worked. Thanks Daniweb:lol:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.