I've got massive problems going on here... I'm running Windows XP Pro, and after rebooting the computer after a crash, I am no longer able to properly login. If allowed to boot normally, the computer crashes while loading the Welcome screen, before I even get a chance to login. I've tried not using the Welcome screen, and using the other login method, but it still reboots. I'm able to boot into safe mode with no problems, so I'm able to get online to look for help, but so far I've found nothing helpful. Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening and how I could fix it?

System Information:
Windows XP Pro, no service packs installed so far as I can find and remember
IBM Aptiva, Model Number 2171-545, S/N AM7D8RY
Upgrades from standard: 160 MB of RAM, LITE-ON LTR-16102B CR-RW drive, NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400

I haven't installed much in quite a while, but since last reboot I've installed and uninstalled Ares and the East Asian Language Packs.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I have the same thing.. even though im on xp home sp2

Possibly your ancient PC has given up. But - this continual rebooting suggests some software is not in a state of grace.

Have you tried booting from the Windows CD and repairing your Windows installation?

yea iv done that 3 times now and it keeps crashing after a day or two and we are back to the same problem

yea iv done that 3 times now and it keeps crashing after a day or two and we are back to the same problem

did you do a checkdisk when in the repair ,
check disk command when in winxp repair CHKDSK /F

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.