Hey There,
Im trying to load XP pro on a machine yhat previously had 98 se on it. The system Requirements are all good and windows 2000 Pro will load ok. It is an original OEM xp pro disc. What happens is it runs through and formats the disk, Then proceeds to load all set-up files etc etc. Then when it comes to the part saying that it will reboot in 15 seconds and continue set-up, It reboots and the windows xp screen comes up that it is loading with the little scrolling bar and then freezes :confused: ...So close yet so far .. Any ideas :?:

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Hmm does this happen everytime? Have you tried more than one times? If not try to reformat and start over. Thats the route i would go.

-T

yes every time i have formatted over and over and over you get the picture heh.. the cd-rom drive and cdr are hooked by the same cable so im going to unplug on drive in case that is doing something..

Have you checked things like the cables and whether there are corrupted sectors of the HD?

yes no corruption ...i have swapped cables ...RAM ...HD from another computer and still the same yet ..i am running xp on the other one ... and it works ... put the hardware from that puter in this one and voila works ... has to be a setting somewhere ...isnt mine anyway bos's from work may tell him he needs to give me a rise or throw it in the bin !

yes no corruption ...i have swapped cables ...RAM ...HD from another computer and still the same yet ..i am running xp on the other one ... and it works ... put the hardware from that puter in this one and voila works ... has to be a setting somewhere ...isnt mine anyway bos's from work may tell him he needs to give me a rise or throw it in the bin !

Create all the partitions again, sometimes this causes a problem

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.