Hi. I correctly uninstalled Norton Anti-virus and restarted my computer but am encountering problems. Whenever I open a word document or any MS office document Windows trys to reinstall Norton and gives error messages saying it cannot be completed. I can close about 4-5 error messages and only then will Word finish opening.

Please. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

somewhere in the settings of word ,its set to check file for virus,that is why its tring to install norton ,i do believe ,Im not sure where in word the setting is though .

This can happen in Outlook as well. The solution for that program (which I have done many times) is to remove the following file:

c:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\extend.dat

This takes out all of the programs that have extended the functionality of Outlook, such as Norton Anti-virus. Look in C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\Microsoft\ and look around in all the subfolders and see if the same file is in there.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.