Can somebody please let me know if there is any configuration file for sound devices which affect microphone setting on the windows start up.

My problem is that when ever I start my pc all previously settings get over writen by some kind of default which mute my mic plus other iritating things which I have to change before I get functional Teamspeak2 ( a voice software for in game comunication). If you need anymore details fire away I will try to answer.

I have Sound Blaster Audigy in my pc.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

AFAIK these settings are stored in the registry. But do you have any kind of software running capable of recording video or audio streams? I once tried a webradio application with a "recording button" and this did pretty much what you described, everytime I started it, the checkbox near "microphone" was unchecked.

yes I do nero has it own record utilities, I have sound forge, there is record tool from windows

yes I do nero has it own record utilities, I have sound forge, there is record tool from windows

I guess none of them will reset your mixer. Did this come all of a sudden?
I don't see similar questions on Google and Liveware /Creative Surroundmixer does not seem to have a specific issue like this. But Liveware / the Creative Surround Mixer is loading configuration presets on startup, one of them is temporary and stores what you did last and this may fail now. Unfortunately I don't have Liveware installed so I can't tell you how to do that exactly, but my idea is to write a preset patch with your settings, store it and see if this is being reset to nonsense on startup, too.
As much I remember, the opulent preset storing system of Liveware is entirely based on registry cramming (+4MB or alike) and maybe something went wrong there? One of the reasons I run my Soundblasters "drivers only".

I don't whant to advertise so if admin feel this shouldn't be here please delete it. There is a utility www.muvixer.com whitch I just installed on my pc and I will test it later but I been told it is actually working.
This utility will keep your setting even if some application will try to over write

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.