Hi,
I have checked out the past "posts" and cannot find any threads to help me -so here goes.
I boot my system up in windows ME - it reads video not supported. I then get information from HP(Hewlett Packard) website to enable this so called driver problem to be sorted. I follow the routine and (using boot disk etc) and go through the 45 min drill but nothing changes & I still get the same message.
I then find that I now cannot get into my individual profile on safe mode - So I contact HP again - They now advise a complete system recovery using the original disks etc - which is no problem, but I lose a lot of data that is not backed up - some recent photos and so on -
So the question is: Is it possible to get data off the machine when it is in limited safe mode - the files are readable and can be copied onto the desktop - I know the CD drive is not usable in safe mode, but is there any other way I could get around this?.
Or any other help to sort the problem out -
Cheers

Moved.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.