I have problem with some icons. Recycle Bin, Programs Group icons, My Network Places... that icons were changed to some other icons. Icons are similar but not the same. That icons look like ther are form some other theme. Can anybody help?

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

I have problem with some icons. Recycle Bin, Programs Group icons, My Network Places... that icons were changed to some other icons. Icons are similar but not the same. That icons look like ther are form some other theme. Can anybody help?

have you installed any software lately that is meant to guard you computer ,like norton system works or the like .

I have Nod32, Ad-Aware, i also try with trojan hunter and trojan remover....

Did you try Display Properties to restore your icons? Right click on an empty area of the desktop and click on properties. Click on the Desktop tab and click the button at the bottom called "Customize Desktop". In this window, click on the icon for "My Network Places" and click the "Restore Default" button. let us know if this helps. Also, check to make sure the colors are set to atleast 16 bit color.

Did you try Display Properties to restore your icons? Right click on an empty area of the desktop and click on properties. Click on the Desktop tab and click the button at the bottom called "Customize Desktop". In this window, click on the icon for "My Network Places" and click the "Restore Default" button. let us know if this helps. Also, check to make sure the colors are set to atleast 16 bit color.

Yes I try that, In Customize Desktop Icons are normal. I can change to another icon... but I can't restore the old one
Look picture...
http://www.neigbourhood.bravehost.com/DesktopScreenshot.jpg

link to picture doesn't work ,i still think you installed a program like norton securities or something like nortons securities .and it changed you icons those type programs will do that ,or you may have spyware or a trojan .download and run AVG anit-spyware .. http://free.grisoft.com/softw/70free/setup/avgas-setup-7.5.0.50.exe

I was able to open the link. The icons he's getting are the ones default in Windows 2000. It could be an issue with the Display Drivers. Try reinstalling the display drivers....

really i just get a icon that says Remote linking of images not allowed ,get it in IE6 and firefox .

edit ,ok i went into his post and copied the link and got it to work for me ,actually my icons went the same way a while back ,but fo me i don't see it as a problem as long as they still work .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.