I have a hp laptop nx9105 which lately has been having problems, It will lose power for no reason, and it will show a blue screen when trying to activate some programs, after ringing hp they told me it was a hardware fault and it would cost £375 to have a look at it, but the laptop is only worth about £400 so this would be pointless.

I have performed tests on the hard drive and its fine, I have taken out the RAM and swapped it round and that didn't help.

I have tried reinstalling windows but the laptop loses power during the setup program, I was wondering if it was a problem with the graphics driver which is a nivda GeForce 4 440 go 64M. But I have tried reinstalling this driver and it has made no difference.

The blue screen of death messages vary, some have no reason, others are because of a ndis.sys failure, others occur due to IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL message.

It has also lost power during a RAM test, but as I have swapped the RAM, I dont think this is the problem.

I am fairly sure my windows installation is currupted, but as I cannont reinstall or repair without the laptop losing power I cannot be sure.

If any one knows how to fix this problem or what it could be please let me know as I feel I have tried everything I can think of and all I want to do now is stick my laptop so far up Bill Gates arse it could poke out his nose!

I am thankful for any advice.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

I have a hp laptop nx9105 which lately has been having problems, It will lose power for no reason, and it will show a blue screen when trying to activate some programs, after ringing hp they told me it was a hardware fault and it would cost £375 to have a look at it, but the laptop is only worth about £400 so this would be pointless.

I have performed tests on the hard drive and its fine, I have taken out the RAM and swapped it round and that didn't help.

I have tried reinstalling windows but the laptop loses power during the setup program, I was wondering if it was a problem with the graphics driver which is a nivda GeForce 4 440 go 64M. But I have tried reinstalling this driver and it has made no difference.

The blue screen of death messages vary, some have no reason, others are because of a ndis.sys failure, others occur due to IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL message.

It has also lost power during a RAM test, but as I have swapped the RAM, I dont think this is the problem.

I am fairly sure my windows installation is currupted, but as I cannont reinstall or repair without the laptop losing power I cannot be sure.

If any one knows how to fix this problem or what it could be please let me know as I feel I have tried everything I can think of and all I want to do now is stick my laptop so far up Bill Gates arse it could poke out his nose!

I am thankful for any advice.

First things first ,you bought a piece of s--t hp laptop, its not bill gates fault !!!

did you format the hdd ,to try and reload windows ,the video driver would not matter if you had ,because it would no longer be on the hddive ,if you are losing power then it is defintly a hardware issue ,wht excatly happens when you loose power .

I say you have battery issue.

Try reinstalling windows without battery. (A/C only)

When it loses power, it turns off. Screen goes blank and then no power.

Tried to reinstall with the battery taken out, but the same thing happens, the laptop loses power.

Hi there

Sounds like the Laptop is the stages of THERMAL SHUTDOWN... Check to see that the cpu fan is running.....Note .. the cpu fan will not run all the time and will kick in when needed. If it cant cool it will shut down or switch off.

Hope this helps

Darren
South Africa

No, I can hear the fan running, (I think). I managed to get the laptop to reinstall using power just from the battery. I have now got rid of the bsod (blue screen of death). but I still lose power every now and again, when the graphics card is in high demand. Pheraps the graphics card fan is broken.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.