I am running a P4 2.4 Ghz system with 1GB of RDRAM on an Intel board co-branded with Gateway. It is a Gateway system from three years ago. Everything was running fine till the other night the screen went black and nothing came up. I have it on a UPS and Line conditioner and did not notice any spikes or valleys in the power so I don't think that is the problem. At first I thought it was the Gforce 4 graphics card but when I took that out and put in an ATI Radeon 7000/VE card I got a post code for no graphics card. So I reinserted the Gforce card and tried one stick of RDRAM at a time but again got post codes for the RAM. When I turn on the power button I get power to all the peripherals, USB ports, Hard Drives, Disk Drives, but no BIOS setup screen on the monitor. The monitor only says no signal. However, the computer does not boot into windows upon startup (even though I can't see video output the windows startup sound does not play). I am at a complete loss as to what is wrong. All the fans are running on the case and on the power supply and CPU. I have reset the CMOS and still nothing. Any help or ideas would be appreciated. I just don't want to give up on the computer just yet.

Thanks in advance for any help or ideas.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Do you hear any kind of beep codes from the BIOS? If yes, what are they?

Do you hear any kind of beep codes from the BIOS? If yes, what are they?

I get no beep codes or post codes when everything is the way it should be but when I take out the video card and try to put another one in i get one long and two short tones, and when I try to take out the ram I also get post codes but dont remember what they were. Hope this helps.

:D

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.