having recently been given a laptop with a destroyed harddrive and being under the completely false impression that after building several desktops I could tackle a laptop I come to you all on bended knee. :sad:

I am trying to bring a systemax laptop with an intel 852/855 chipset back from the ashes. Unfortunately the onboard audio is proving to be a complete nightmare.

everest tells me that what I need is a driver for an 82801DBM AC'97 Audio Controller (ICH4-M B1 Step)

unfortunately I haven't been able to find an AC'97 driver that has any effect. I have found a few install fine, but when I goto the device manager and check the driver it says "unable to start".

Any and all help would be extremely appreciated.

having recently been given a laptop with a destroyed harddrive and being under the completely false impression that after building several desktops I could tackle a laptop I come to you all on bended knee. :sad:

I am trying to bring a systemax laptop with an intel 852/855 chipset back from the ashes. Unfortunately the onboard audio is proving to be a complete nightmare.

everest tells me that what I need is a driver for an 82801DBM AC'97 Audio Controller (ICH4-M B1 Step)

unfortunately I haven't been able to find an AC'97 driver that has any effect. I have found a few install fine, but when I goto the device manager and check the driver it says "unable to start".

Any and all help would be extremely appreciated.

hello,you might find some driver here ,click on support at the top ,you need seral # and stuff to search support,.
http://www.systemaxpc.com/support.php

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.