I run Windows ME with SBC Yahoo! DSL Browser and I have no firewalls and my SBC browser has a pop up blocker built in.

I am having troubles with Macromedia's Flash. When I visit some websites I am prompted there to install Flash before I can view the website. I click the link to install Flash and it says it's installed, problem solved right? Wrong! I go to some website and am still prompted to install Flash.

I did find this on macromedia's website.

Always verify if problems are not actually due to problems with your Flash Player, but possibly only occurring with one particular web site. Try viewing other Macromedia Flash content (for example, Macromedia.)

Many developers create detection schemes to determine if viewers have Macromedia Flash Player installed. If there is an error in the detection scheme, you may be advised that you need to update or install Macromedia Flash Player even if you already have the latest version installed and working properly. This problem with detection is beyond your control, and can only be addressed by the creator of the web site. Contact their web master for assistance.

Some performance issues are related to the way content is created. A well-optimized web site may perform better than others. These differences in performance are beyond your control, and can only be addressed by the creator of the web site. Contact their web master for assistance.

But I don't know if this has anything to do with that, I encounter this problem on just about all websites requiring Flash.

I checked my Spywareblaster also and saw that the Flash Kill Bit was unchecked. Are there other locations on my computer that can act as a "kill bit" and disable Flash? Plus could it have something to do with Spybot Search & Destroy?

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Dont use Yahoos browser, use IE or Firefox

I'm sorry to say the same problems occur in my Internet Explorer 6.0

When I go to that webpage I see a little image saying flash is successfully installed, yet I still can't get Flash to work on other websites.

Is there anything else I can try?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.