My computer came back form the repair shop today and now when I turn it on I'm being asked for a password (windows XP). How do I by pass this to get to the desktop, or figure out how to change whatever password they installed on my behalf. I'm desperate - I have work critical work to do and no way to get to it. Thanks!

Contributors
Replies
Views
10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by jbennet

My computer came back form the repair shop today and now when I turn it on I'm being asked for a password (windows XP). How do I by pass this to get to the desktop, or figure out how to change whatever password they installed on my behalf. I'm desperate - I have work critical work to do and no way to get to it. Thanks!

Ring the repair shop and ask em what password they used.

did u try certain password to login..I had the similar problem, but i just left it blank and loged in. You could also try "password" and "admin" sometimes repair shops use these as a password..they are most common

as soon as the PC starts up hammer f8 repeatedly until you get to a screen with options. Choose safe mode then "Administrator" at the login screen. Then when logged in as the superadministrator, remove the password

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.