Hello,
I am having a problem with uninstalling 2 programs on my windows xp. I removed the programs and then I had a problem with a video card(Not related) and I had to do a system restore to a earlier time. Now I can not uninstall these 2 programs. I dont have the instalation disks. Is there a way I can remove these programs, they are not listed on add remove program. I removed them from the add remove program list. Every time I try to update these programs I get a error. 1 program i called create and share by Intel, for a web cam. The other is ati Mutimedia center.

Anyone know a program that can uninstall programs not listed on the add remove programs?

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Reinstalling the program then Uninstalling it again is probably the best or easiest way to get rid of them. Otherwise you can manually uninstall by simply deleting their program directories, removing the icons from Start Menu, and if you are feeling really squirrelly, checking your registry and removing the program entries there as well. Depends on how comfortable you feel.

Hello,
Thanks for the info. The createshare link you sent was for the camera drivers. I need to delete the software. The link says that they do not have the software in them.

The ati link did not work I got a broken link error. I tried installing the lastest version> I clcik the install file..it runs like normal then just stops and dissappears. I checked the computers event list and it say the file was installed...but no program and no icons.

Thanks

hello ,download the driver for you camera and install it then remove it again.
http://www.intel.com/support/createshare/camerapack/idversion.htm?3jAa7knS

.and the multimedia center .
https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/674/9206/0/www2.ati.com/drivers/9-14_mmc_enu.exe

Hello,
Thanks for the info. I tried to reinstall the ATI software but it will not let me. I also tried to install the intel software, but when I put the disk in it says a differnet version is on my computer and set up will now quit.

Can't get a break...thank

Reinstalling the program then Uninstalling it again is probably the best or easiest way to get rid of them. Otherwise you can manually uninstall by simply deleting their program directories, removing the icons from Start Menu, and if you are feeling really squirrelly, checking your registry and removing the program entries there as well. Depends on how comfortable you feel.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.