Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum and would be greatful for assistance on the following problem.

I have a pc running xp pro and just recently the graphics on some of the folder icons have changed colour and appearance dramatically. You would compare the change in appearence to when you view folder icons in safe mode but with worse graphics. The folder opens with no problems.

I have a Nvidia 64mb Geforce4 card as far as I can recall. :eek:

My antivirus has detected nothing unusual and a online scan with pcpitstop.com showed nothing either.

Any advice or assistance would help.

Thanks.
yorkshirelasercentre@yahoo.co.uk

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

have you checked the amount of colors you are using? 16 colors, 256 colors, 16-bit, 24-bit or 32-but?

srry but=bit

Check your screen color resolution first. Make sure it is set to at least 256 colors. If no success, I suggest you remove and reinstall your video driver.

You may want to reset the view options for your folders to default and then change them to the preferred settings.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.