Hi,
i want to re-install windows but it is a copy, if i re-install it i need to validate it to get all the updtes from Microsoft, what do i say to them to unblock the activation key because the key has been installed on a other computer.
Please gett back to me soon because i really need to re-install it, do ui tell them i bought it from a carboot sale or do i say my computer had a win32 virus and it needed re-installing.:confused:

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

hiya... welcome to daniweb
you've got yourself in a little bit of a pickle here havent you? dont worry ist easy to get out of!!!!

What version of windows is it i.e home/professional etc. with professional you can simply repair the o/s so might not need to go to such lengths as to completely reinstall the operating system.

If you do need to reinstall it... be honest to a degree when contacting microsoft. don't tell em you got it from a car booty - they will try n have your pants off.

Tell them exactly what happened in the lead up to you having to reinstall windows - virus etc and then ask them for another activation key. it shouldn't take long.

you've got yourself in a little bit of a pickle here havent you? dont worry ist easy to get out of!!!!

What version of windows is it i.e home/professional etc. with professional you can simply repair the o/s so might not need to go to such lengths as to completely reinstall the operating system.

If you do need to reinstall it... be honest to a degree when contacting microsoft. don't tell em you got it from a car booty - they will try n have your pants off.

Tell them exactly what happened in the lead up to you having to reinstall windows - virus etc and then ask them for another activation key. it shouldn't take long.

The current one i am using is windows xp home but i have a copy of windows xp proffesional i am going to install onto my pc, i am re-installing because there is medium threat viruses and files missing in the actual windows xp service pack. I got most of this from the SHIT vista transformation pack 6. If microsoft give me this new key after i install how do i put it in then validate the key or do i phone the up before?:confused:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.