I cannot hear audio from my DVD in my WMP for Windows Vista. I can hear the audio when i play it in Real Media Alternative. Please help?

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Open your audio mixer:

Control panel / sounds and audio devices / volume /advanced

You will find as many sliders on this mixer as you have audio devices.

that did not solve the problem....i can hear regular DVD's fine in WMP, but if i play a burned DVD it wont play the audio. But if i play the same burned DVD with Real Player Alternative i can hear the audio and see the DVD

wmp10 is garbage,i have seen so many ppl have issues with 10 its not funny..... (I assume you have wmp10)

Good luck!

nope...i have WMP 11...its the Vista Version. I run Windows Vista Home Premium

Yup well 10,11 are basically WAY OVER BLOATED :(

The best verison is 9 if you can Downgrade to it :)

i cant...i have windows Vista Home Premium, so i cannot downgrade what came with the system.....oh well i guess...if anyone knows any solution please let me know

Windows MP 10 works fine :P

maybe you need a codec to play it. Where to find it i'm not sure, i normally get a error message. Maybe there's a setting somewhere for them.

i cant...i have windows Vista Home Premium, so i cannot downgrade what came with the system

Yes isnt it upsetting how they try to force you to stay with what they put on it??

Im sure if you deleted everything in the registry regarding WMP and all files you could find,then cleaned the registry you could then install WMP9....... (They dont expect anyone to go thru all that trouble,but i think its possible.)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.