ok, i just bought a new 2.6ghz acer computer, everything is fine except for 2 things really.

1. when i start diablo 2 it takes about a bit under a minute to start up for some reason, no other program has this issue. (this isn't that much of a problem but it would sure be nice to get fixed)

2. my mouse everyonce in a while gets kind of stuck and shoots off to the side, for example in CS when i play and the issue kicks in, it shoots my view to the sky, or to the ground instantly and i get killed etc. very anoying, anyways i would LOVE to fix these, but i think ill be better off just taking it back and getting a new computer (what a drag) but oh well

please help, thank you

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Diablo II (or any other version of Diablo for that matter) by Blizzard can not be played on Vista os -- I tried it and it doesn't work :( . There are a lot of old games that are not compatible with Vista. If the mouse on your computer works ok with other games that come with Vista then I doubt there is anything wrong with your computer.

ok, i just bought a new 2.6ghz acer computer, everything is fine except for 2 things really.

1. when i start diablo 2 it takes about a bit under a minute to start up for some reason, no other program has this issue. (this isn't that much of a problem but it would sure be nice to get fixed)

I've heard that sometimes running it in compatibility mode helps. Try it if you haven't; otherwise, like Ancient Dragon said, you might be SOL.

2. my mouse everyonce in a while gets kind of stuck and shoots off to the side, for example in CS when i play and the issue kicks in, it shoots my view to the sky, or to the ground instantly and i get killed etc. very anoying, anyways i would LOVE to fix these, but i think ill be better off just taking it back and getting a new computer (what a drag) but oh well

My mouse does the same on rare occasion (particularly annoying while gaming), but it's done it on Windows XP as well. I've had it happen on a couple different mice, all of them optical. Maybe it's just bad luck.

I've had that mouse problem on XP... it was the mouse (which was optical). You might check for new drivers for your mouse or just flat replace it with a new one. My current optical mouse works great with Vista.

Member Avatar for WPFNEM

All I have been having this problem with Vista from Day one. It has been intermittent from time to time, but lately it happens every time I run my pc. There is a hot fix available so obviously Microsoft is aware of the issue. I have not installed it yet, but let me know how it goes.

Here is the article.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932653/en-us

You need to call, email, or chat Microsoft support to request the hot fix. Refer to this article and your response should be immediate.

I hope MS gets the crap together on Vista.. it has a lot of potential but a lot of hardware and basic bugs need to be fixed. Service Pack anyone?

All I have been having this problem with Vista from Day one. It has been intermittent from time to time, but lately it happens every time I run my pc. There is a hot fix available so obviously Microsoft is aware of the issue. I have not installed it yet, but let me know how it goes.

Here is the article.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932653/en-us

You need to call, email, or chat Microsoft support to request the hot fix. Refer to this article and your response should be immediate.

I hope MS gets the crap together on Vista.. it has a lot of potential but a lot of hardware and basic bugs need to be fixed. Service Pack anyone?

Vista was just released how many months ago? The first year there's going to be many problems because manufacturers are still trying to get the drivers out for the OS. The driver and hardware problems aren't Microsoft's fault it's the Manufacturers who provide the Hardware and Drivers. Anyways I don't really have much advice on this issue. I can only say what was mentioned above. Definitely try a different mouse and see if that solves anything.

Member Avatar for WPFNEM

Vista was just released how many months ago? The first year there's going to be many problems because manufacturers are still trying to get the drivers out for the OS. The driver and hardware problems aren't Microsoft's fault it's the Manufacturers who provide the Hardware and Drivers. Anyways I don't really have much advice on this issue. I can only say what was mentioned above. Definitely try a different mouse and see if that solves anything.

Right Vendors need to get there crap togeter, but Microsoft should be making a better effort at letting them know the problems. Somthing as important as IO with a mouse should be completly ironed out from the get go. Ive never seen this problem with any OS but Vista, ever! The mouse and Keyboard should have extremeley high thread priorities. It just seemes they over looked the basics, and went straight for the wow factor instead. You can never skipp the fundmentals.

BTW I am using microsoft Drivers in most cases when vista was released all of Microsofts Drivers for Hardware (Sound, Video) all worked better than the actual vendors driver. IE Sigmatel wow thats crap, and it still doesnt work as good as XP.

Member Avatar for WPFNEM

I have installed the hotfix and everything seems to be fixed. YAY the nightmare is finally over w/ the mouse.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.