I've got a problem in the BIOS downloading of a IBM Thinkpad T22. I've got Windows XP installed on the laptop and when starting, system goes directly to the BIOS page (PhoenixBIOS 4.0 Release 6.0 for IBM Thinkpad) and there it shows: "0175:Bad CRC1, stop POST task. Any comments or suggestions will be greatly appreciate it.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Error code

Symptom
Bad CRC1, stop POST task, the EEPROM checksum is not correct.

FRU or action, in sequence
System board.

im not sure what you can do about it though, it sounds like your Mobo is going/gone bad.

That doesn't sound very good- you might need to have it serviced. Did anything happen to the machine lately which might have damaged it?

Although not indicated as a fix for that particular error, a hard reset of the BIOS might do the trick. You'll have to Google for directions on how to do that on that particular machine; I don't have the answer at the moment.

the site i went to for that info either stated what you need to replace, or action in which to fix, and i think he just needs to replace the system board because there was no sequence for a fix.

Yeah, I found the same info (possibly on the same site), but hey- giving a BIOS reset at least a try is a heck of a lot cheaper than jumping right to a mobo replacement. From the info I found though, it does sound like the lappy needs a trip to the local IBM service center...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.