Not quite sure if this would be the best place to post this, but if not I'm sorry.

Was just wondering, I heard there was a way to save a file, and require a password to reopen it? Is this true? And if so how do I do that? And is this true for a graphics file as well?

I'm using windows XP if that makes a difference :)

Thanks for any help,
MoNkEe

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Put the file in a folder ,right click on the folder and choose ,sharing and security and follow the directions ,if the check box is greyed out ,check out learn more about sharing and security at the bottom of the window that opens .

Thanks for the reply, but I was thinking more along the lines, if I want to put a code in a textbased game I am working on, where if you find the password, you can open a file with graphics (in a seperate window) that coincides with it... ?

I'm not sure if I am explaining this right?

LOL, I finally stopped thinking about it for a second, and the obvious answer of WinZip came to me... thanks tho to all who have taken the time to read this, and as well thanks for the reply caperjack :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.