:sad: I don't know why I did this, I clicked "reset settings for internet explorer" in the options menu Now I cannot open any web pages from aol without getting ACTION CANCELLED errors.
How do I restore the settings? Is that why the pages cannot display? WHEW...
I am able to open pages only if I search from internet explorer when I open it in a separate window from the "E" icon , my homepage has been set to MSN.
Please help me regain my prior settings?
Thank You,
Nancy
[email]nancyevickery @aol.com[/email]
I hope I don't get that system distrupting adware stuff in my e-mail now that I've displayed my address for all to see., Bt I need help
:-|

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I don't know I would call AOL.

You need to delete the AOL Adapter, "rebuild" it. It depends on what version of AOL you have, but you need to right click the AOL icon on the lower right corner of the screen (in the systray), and select System Information.

Then click utilities, then "Rebuild AOL Adapter".
:)

edit: err, sorry for bumping a half a year old thread. but it was unanswered ;)

edit: err, sorry for bumping a half a year old thread. but it was unanswered ;)

lol. Yes, and as your first post as well; care to help some of the currently needy members here now?

:mrgreen:

:sad: I don't know why I did this, I clicked "reset settings for internet explorer" in the options menu Now I cannot open any web pages from aol without getting ACTION CANCELLED errors.
How do I restore the settings? Is that why the pages cannot display? WHEW...
I am able to open pages only if I search from internet explorer when I open it in a separate window from the "E" icon , my homepage has been set to MSN.
Please help me regain my prior settings?
Thank You,
Nancy
[email]nancyevickery @aol.com[/email]
I hope I don't get that system distrupting adware stuff in my e-mail now that I've displayed my address for all to see., Bt I need help
:-|

Try viewing this link: http://help.channels.aol.com/article.adp?catId=6&sCId=438&sSCId=4162&articleId=218254

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.