Hi,

Ok, i have a compaq presario wunning windows 98 first edition. well, it used to run second edition but something went really rong and i had to re-install windows, only i didnt realise that the disk was first edition. anyway, once i re-installed it, my graphics wouldnt work properly. i think there is a rong driver with something, but i can fix it. i have a compaq quick restore disk that i know will have the right drivers. however, it needs the serial number to install. not the windows 98 keycode, that happens later, but the serial number of the computer. the problem is, years ago my power supply exploded, and i took it to a repair shop to get it fixed, but the power supply was a funny one that only fitted that case, so i got some old case with the new power supply. and i have just realised that the serial number and stuff was on the old case. i dont even know the modal, justthat its a compaq presaio, the motherboard is ga5smm and the chip set is sis530. the graphics at the moment are only 16 colours, and 640*480 resolution. i think ineed to get a serial number.

can anyone help?

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

If you have an actual full version of windows 98 then the serial number is universal I believe its the same for oem to. However while I would be glad to provide you with the serial number I'm not sure of the legalities behind it and not sure if I can post them here. I will need to check with a moderator.

hi, you know the chip display already, then check Sis website for any drivers..

Open your quick restore cd and look for the driver folder and open it. Sometimes you will need to verify the number in the icon folder and compare it to the vga driver. That's it. Explore to your cd and you will locate it. No need for serial number. What you need is graphic display driver. If you are certain that your display adapter is sis530, I will upload the driver for you but i do not know how to do it.

Open your quick restore cd and look for the driver folder and open it. Sometimes you will need to verify the number in the icon folder and compare it to the vga driver. That's it. Explore to your cd and you will locate it. No need for serial number. What you need is graphic display driver. If you are certain that your display adapter is sis530, I will upload the driver for you but i do not know how to do it.

I managed to download chipset drivers from the sis website. Thank you all so much for your help.

Yeah i agree but let me tell this is really a great site if one is a bit careful ... i just love it .. contains all the softwares serials i ever need .
A safer way is just get the serials never download anything like crack or stuff...!!! :D

ok, as the problem carabare47 has been solved he managed to find out the right driver so this thread can be considered closed....

He, i'm looking for serial number of windows millenium.
can you help me?
thinks

He, i'm looking for serial number of windows millenium.
can you help me?
thinks

sorry, none available on this forum

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.