friedom 0 Newbie Poster

I just got a new laptop with Vista Home Premium. I'm loving the new computer so far but have run into a couple of really annoying problems. The computer is a Gateway Laptop: T2450 Core Duo, 1GB RAM, 160GB HDD.

First, Windows Media Center is not working the way I expect it to! In Windows Media Player 11 my music library is configured properly. Album art, album title, artist info, year of release, track numbers, etc. . .HOWEVER in Media Center it shows for most of my tracks the same album art cover on the majority of the songs. It's real annoying when you are browsing and see the same picture over and over again. It's almost unusable. I have not been able to figure out how to manually adjust the album art in Media Center!! I would gladly go through my entire music library to correct it if I knew how to do it in Media Center. I really enjoy the interface and want to use it.

Second, my hard drive seems to act strange. There are stretches of time where the hard drive is being accessed excessively. I will browse in IE and the hdd is just going nuts. I exit out of programs and let the computer sit idle and yet there is a lot of hdd activity going on. I can't figure out what is causing it. There are no other apparent programs running in the background from what I can tell.

Thanks for any advice or tips!