For several months, my mouse and scroll wheel have taken on a life of its own. At random times when I'm scrolling up or down, my screen will jump to a previous page (or pages). Other times, the size of the text will change. When I left-click the mouse to try and correct this, everything on the screen will become highlighted (turning to blue).

In fact, the first time I attempted to type this post, all my letters suddenly began typing in the upper case even though the caps lock was not on.

In order to completely get out of it, I have to restart the computer.

Does this sound like my mouse is malfunctioning? It's less than a year old and is a Hewlitt Packard (still under warranty).

Thanks!

dmontria commented: my scroll bar works on certain pages ANNOYING!!!! +0

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

It's either a mouse problem or a software problem. Try unplugging the mouse and plugging it back in, and see what happens. (I had one that I had to do that too, it wouldn't work at all.)

If that doesn't fix the problem, I'd try replacing the mouse. I've got so many mouses around here, it's no big deal to me, but if that's your only mouse, you may want to check for software problems first. Download AdAware and run it. (Instructions are available in either the security forum or Uncreative Labs http://www.uncreativelabs.net/howtos/)

My frontech PS/2 compatible optical mouse stopped scrolling in Pagemaker applications after the windows upgraded to XP though it scrolls in Words and/or Excel documents. Can any one solve my problem please.

My frontech PS/2 compatible optical mouse stopped scrolling in Pagemaker applications after the windows upgraded to XP though it scrolls in Words and/or Excel documents. Can any one solve my problem please.

My PS/2 compatible optical mouse stopped scrolling in Pagemaker applications after the windows 98 upgraded to XP though it scrolls in Words and/or Excel documents. Can any one solve my problem please.

For several months, my mouse and scroll wheel have taken on a life of its own. At random times when I'm scrolling up or down, my screen will jump to a previous page (or pages). Other times, the size of the text will change. When I left-click the mouse to try and correct this, everything on the screen will become highlighted (turning to blue).

In fact, the first time I attempted to type this post, all my letters suddenly began typing in the upper case even though the caps lock was not on.

In order to completely get out of it, I have to restart the computer.

Does this sound like my mouse is malfunctioning? It's less than a year old and is a Hewlitt Packard (still under warranty).

Thanks!

You might want to check and see if you have the latest drivers for the mouse
http://www.frontechonline.com/mouse.php

Since your mouse is still under warranty you might want to call support if the above doesn't solve your problem - 1 800 345 3030

yea my mouse works on certain pages i mean i like games on every other websiye my srolling shit works but not on 2flashgames.com o dnt get it really dont

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.