I have a computer that I got from school to use for classes (I attend a cyber school), and it came with a wireless card already in. As soon as I turned it on, it connected to the wireless network in my home but it will not load any webpages, not even the school's homepage, or the page I use to login to take my classes. I've tried turning off the firewall because that fixed a problem with a home computer, but it didn't work. Are there any fixes I can try without downloading software? I'm not able to download any programs because the computer is to be used strictly for schoolwork. I was able to get onto the school's website once, and it never worked again. I've also called tech support but I'm waiting for them to call me back, and I was wondering if there's anything I can try to see if I can get it fixed before they get back to me. Thanks!

Have you checked to make sure WORK OFFLINE is not checked in IE??

Click FILE and scroll down and make sure it isnt....

Also is your connection setup to run thru a proxy?? If so,disable it and see what happens

Goto Internet Options/Connections and scroll down to LAN SETTINGS and if the box is checked,uncheck it and then try to connect :)

Good luck....Welcome to Daniweb :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.