I have a machine which I need to remove from a 2003 Domain, I am no longer in a position to contact the DC, nor am I admin for the Domain anyway, I just want to disjoin it from the domain, and join it to a local workgroup, does any one know a way around this problem.

Thanks
James

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Could someone please help if they can, I have tried to remove it from the domain, it won't let me without contacting the DC, and help would be appreciated, or maybe someone can advise if I haven't follow the correct protocol in this posting, thanks in advance

Umm...You are not an admin? Did you "take" the laptop? Whats the story here.

tienes que entrar como Administrador local y te aparecen las opciones habilitadas y posteriormente cambias a un grupo de trabajo y en el boton MAS quitas el nombre del dominio tambien. y das aceptar y posteriormente te pide reinicies la maquina...y te regresa como originalmente estabas..y si quieres agregarlo a otro dominio pues solo colocas el nombre del dominio

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.