There are many software to resolve the problem,such as Xilisoft WMA MP3 Converter ,ImTOO WMA MP3 Converter, MP4converter MP4 to MP3 Converter and ect.

So i take MelodyCan converter for example. It supports converter WMA to MP3, MP4 to MP3. Besides,it supports converter to MP3 from almost audio files.To our joy,it has fast speed and is easy to handle. Why not to download free trial version to have a try.

Hope it`ll help smb 8)

Jing_6 commented: I know many music converters. But I finally choose MusicFab music converter as it is the fastest tool to convert music. +0

Recommended Answers

All 57 Replies

It is cute, but it costs as much as my Tunebite and it does not work that fast :(

Hmmm... I used Tunebite to convert video files and noticed sound & video quality may decline. But as to the MelodyCan - When playback window is partially obscured it doesn’t affect converted file.

So as to the quality I prefer MelodyCan. Conversion speed is normal cause I have good CPU

For music files try a freeware program called Audacity. It's very good and is fairly fast at making audio, and changing audio to MP3 formats.

Thanks a lot Serunson, i`ll try ;)

I know Audacity, I have used it in the past, but I switched to Tunebite because it gives you more liberty of action with file formats and has more speed.
Grunji can you elaborate a bit the quality loss u have with with Tunebite, cause on my computer it works flawless.

Ok, I used to use MelodyCan but my friend can`t forget Tunebite. It`s his choice. But when he has some problem with conversion he asks me. I try to help him every time. Also advise him to change his software.

Last problem was with Tunebite when he finished recording a movie he got only a small file around 500 KB in size and only 7 secs in length. He tried several settings but couldn't fix the problem.

So... Boulder, I respect your choice of this prog but here is a real problem.

Well Grunji, I don't know all the technical problems that your friend might have, but for me and a few friends of mine, Tunebite works very nice without problems. I never had any complaints about it. You can also advise your friend to contact the support team of Tunebite, cause they are very helpful ;)

Ok Boulder,

I think he has already written cause my phone quietly lies alongside without a sound :)

If tunebite is causing such problems for you, yet none for Boulder, then i would suggest re-installing the software as a good step to try, to see if that would stop the problems that you get.

If tunebite is causing such problems for you, yet none for Boulder, then i would suggest re-installing the software as a good step to try, to see if that would stop the problems that you get.

ok. i`ll say it to my friend. Cause as I said he uses such software but I used to use another (MelodyCan). :cool:

Anyway big thanks for advices and help. :)

Please tell us if re-installing helped any.

Hi all,

At last my friend re-installed his prog but he hasn`t tried to convert protected files yet. So I hope everything will be fine cause we argued if his prog didn`t not work he would use MelodyCan :)

personally, I use NoteBurner to convert protected music. It is used as a virtual burner in iTunes and I can simply burn all music to the virtual disc. The program can rip the burned music back to the local drive automatically.

personally, I use NoteBurner to convert protected music. It is used as a virtual burner in iTunes and I can simply burn all music to the virtual disc. The program can rip the burned music back to the local drive automatically.

Thanks for advertising :)

Hello again Grunji,

I noticed that you didn't check the Tunebite site :)
On that site at the bottom there is another software called Videoraptor which gets clips from a lot of sites like Youtube(youtube included too). Give it a try.

Will check it too. Thanks.

Have already checked it

But I pay for one prog - MelodyCan and YoutubeRipper is as an addition and Videoraptor is another prog. So I have to buy it. But I don`t want to pay once more only for one feature.

You are right about this, but it is more complex then Youtube ripper. Would be nice if this Videoraptor would be included in Tunebite too :D

Everything changes :) so lets wait for new comfortable and professional MelodyCan changes. :pretty:

Well instead of waiting for improvements or for changes I decided to buy a complete tool that has indeed all the solutions I need. If you are interested you can find info here.

thanks for advice :) I have everything I need with MelodyCan software.

So found out new Melodycan feature. Now it has YouTubeRipper plug-in for Internet Explorer.

As I like everything new I tried this option. It`s very simple to use. There is special option-button on tool bar which allow you to rip video from Youtube. Speed is very good.. I hope in nearest future make a guide step by step to show how it works. I think it will be useful and rather interesting.

Will see...

So at last I had time to make pics. I`ll show how to use Melodycan YouTubeRipper. I hope these screenshots will help somebody.

Step 1. Open Internet Explorer and put link YouTube.com. Find out there song you want to convert to. Then simply push the button on the bar of tools. You`ll see an automatically downloading.

[IMG]http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/7001/1acopydf9.png[/IMG]

Step 2. Set desired MelodyCan settings. Also Don’t forget to choose the suitable output folder (your converted files will be saved there)

[IMG]http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/4462/4acopyks1.png[/IMG]

Step 3. Melodycan YouTubeRipper will convert your file easy and fast.

[IMG]http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/5050/3azp1.png[/IMG]

Step 4. In the result your converted files will appear in output folder.

So it`s a simple and fast way to save your lovely YouTube files. So as for me MelodyCan is a powerful solution of good conversion speed and quality.

It seems not an easy task to find a working converter for Vista! Did a quick Google, and of course about 300 programs popped up on some suspicious sites.
But I really need to convert a few protected iTunes videos. I tested a couple of sites and detected Melodycan converter. Their free trial is quite impressive and allows converting video and audio formats both protected and standard ones. The main requirement is the ability to play the original file in Windows Media Player (for WMV) or QuickTime Player (for M4V).

I tried the tool you're talking about a while ago, it's ok but I finally decided to stick to Tunebite,I think the quality of the converted files is very good.

Maybe. I used it before and my computer was crashed. So I decided to use more safe able software - MelodyCan

Hy guys,
I use Tunebite, too, and today I was curious to see if those guys made some improvements in this tool and I found smth much interesting :D : a new free tool was released, Audials TV, you can now listen and see videoclips from online TV programs, it has about 60 - 70 programs. I think that it is a great idea

Hmmm.... advertise :(

I never had any problems with Tunebite; I've been using it for quite some time and I'm satisfied with it.Of course everyone it's entitled to its own opinion and can choose whatever tool suits its needs.;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.