Is there any way of stopping the annoying live search pop ups when scrolling over highlighted words in this forum and other forums .thanks

Recommended Answers

All 21 Replies

just wanted to add I'm using FireFox, latest version ,.I don't use IE

There is always a way. Or two....
1] don't mouse-over them - they are pretty obvious to see. Usually.
2]because they use javascript, disable that in your browser. But you might miss it.
That is about it. Try not to use your pointer as a reading aid, books n newspapers don't have em.... if the mouse-over is very brief they should not respond.

There is always a way. Or two....
1] don't mouse-over them - they are pretty obvious to see. Usually.
2]because they use javascript, disable that in your browser. But you might miss it.
That is about it. Try not to use your pointer as a reading aid, books n newspapers don't have em.... if the mouse-over is very brief they should not respond.

Hello,there are just so many on a page,and i guess i use my mouse wheel a lot to scroll through posts speed reading ..I'm trying the disable java to see if i need it for more important stuff.thanks .oh and i rarely read books and newspapers

Hiya, caperjack.... yeah, they can be a pest, I will admit, especially if you're using the copy function. Amazing how often the selection you want ends on one of those critters.
I use FF also, look under tools, options, content tab, javascript check box [not java...], but you knew where it was, didn't you?... too late, I posted already.
Newspapers are a conspiracy to get us interested in stuff that normally would not bother us - this is a big world, they try desperately to make it like it 's all just down the road a bit. I just cannot get involved in a bus falling off a cliff in Nicaragua....
Books? there is another world in books....

Hiya, caperjack.... yeah, they can be a pest, I will admit, especially if you're using the copy function. Amazing how often the selection you want ends on one of those critters.
I use FF also, look under tools, options, javascript check box [not java...]
Newspapers are a conspiracy to get us interested in stuff that normally would not bother us - this is a big world, they try desperately to make it like it 's all just down the road a bit. I just cannot get involved in a bus falling off a cliff in Nicaragua....
Books? there is another world in books....

yeah ,I've disable it [java],after my last post ,haven't need it yet .
Books= can't stay awake long enough to finish one !LOL
last novel [moby dick]i read full through was in 1977 while working ,on watch,[had to stay awake,lol] 12 hr shift ,in Ft.McMurray Alberta oil sands mine.

Fair enough..... it is used a lot for hidden page content.... don't you know, it's mostly advertising.

Member Avatar for iamthwee

This forum should be easy.
control panel > edit option > disable intellitext

For other you may need to disable javascript. But that may have bad affect on navigation.

This forum should be easy.
control panel > edit option > disable intellitext

For other you may need to disable javascript. But that may have bad affect on navigation.

thank ,will give it a try ,
and as for your location ,thats scary as we buried my mother in 1987

Edit--
that worked thanks ,also disabled clinetside scripting and got rid of all the dropdows

.... in Ft.McMurray Alberta oil sands mine.

@ caperjack

As a matter of interest, is that the Fort Hills block?

@ caperjack

As a matter of interest, is that the Fort Hills block?

not sure what the Fort Hill block is !

not sure what the Fort Hill block is !

I was just wondering if we work for the same company! Didn't want to be too specific over the forum.

I was just wondering if we work for the same company! Didn't want to be too specific over the forum.

don't think so,i'm in Canada ,and it was 1977,when i was in Alberta.

don't think so,i'm in Canada ,and it was 1977,when i was in Alberta.

yeah - misunderstood your Alberta piece.

There are Canadian companies in the UK!

There are Canadian companies in the UK!

yes im sure there is,right now i work for car parts maker ,Magna International and 2 of the parts we make are shipped to UK ,for Mercedes

..... of the parts we make are shipped to UK ,for Mercedes

LOL - the Mercedes forums are full of stuff about those two parts!

LOL - the Mercedes forums are full of stuff about those two parts!

dosn't suprise me .will have to check that out .
do yo u got a link to the discussion on the parts

"LOL - the Mercedes forums are full of stuff about those two parts!"
Oh Boy!! that tickles me!! hehe....
Moby Dick. You read that to stay awake. Oh dear...

"LOL - the Mercedes forums are full of stuff about those two parts!"
Oh Boy!! that tickles me!! hehe....
Moby Dick. You read that to stay awake. Oh dear...

LOL.I was sitting, on watch ,in a company truck for 12 hrs ,it was only reading material in the truck!lol

Is there any way of stopping the annoying live search pop ups when scrolling over highlighted words in this forum and other forums .thanks

Found it!

In the Control Panel, edit your options and tick Disable IntelliTXT.

Et voila.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.