Was looking to see if anyone has a suggestion as to where I can get a reasonably priced win xp home or pro edition because my ME has had it I am tired of having to look for drivers every time I do a clean install and when I tried xp it recognized everything no problems at all. Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Thank you for your response caperjack, yes I have been to ebay and am concerned with how safe it is to purchase there do you have any insight on this?

well the best way to get a trusted one is to go to a retail store, because i have quite a few copies and i could sell but u would still not trust the source right?

bobbyraw is 100% correct. Why would anyone want to sell their copy of XP on eBay? It's been opened, it's been activated - it's no use to you at all, then.

You really should find the money to buy from a good value retai outlet. Far less, nay zero, grief.

thankyou for the reply bobby,what would be ideal is to find someone in the alabama/georgia area that is looking to sell a full version at a reasonable price. That way I could see what I was getting before buying and do some checking before buying would be good. Guess I will go with a store bought one since the ideal is not always possible. But thank you for the offer bobby, if I did decide to get a copy from you what would be the cost and is this a full version w/sp2 and not an actual copy as in home made?

a retail copy of XP home (full) + SP2 is about $300

a retail copy of XP home (full) + SP2 is about $300

WoW ,i can buy from retail store for about $100.00 or less here in Canada .check here ,local store about 20 mile from me and they sell online .
http://www.thewebbeach.com/products.asp?id=60
as for the ebay one i asked seller if it was use and he said yes ,so don't buy from ebay unless it says its new ,I used ebay for the past 3 yrs or so ,made about 108 purchases ,about 5 were bad buys !

300 is a bit high, xp sels for 90 the most full version not upgrade will be about 200. the versions i have a full sp2 corporate version multiple pc install does not even need activation.

WoW ,i can buy from retail store for about $100.00 or less here in Canada .check here ,local store about 20 mile from me and they sell online .

I converted from £s and ms are really expensive here

a full vista premium is £220 which is $460. MS have like a 300% markup in europe

tyvm everyone for all the info on xp I'll have to shop around more before I decide, anyway got the burner working now so ME is working with all its errors at the moment lol and I'll just keep shoping around...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.