Was looking to see if anyone has a suggestion as to where I can get a reasonably priced win xp home or pro edition because my ME has had it I am tired of having to look for drivers every time I do a clean install and when I tried xp it recognized everything no problems at all. Thanks!

Contributors
Replies
Views
10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by regina11

Thank you for your response caperjack, yes I have been to ebay and am concerned with how safe it is to purchase there do you have any insight on this?

well the best way to get a trusted one is to go to a retail store, because i have quite a few copies and i could sell but u would still not trust the source right?

bobbyraw is 100% correct. Why would anyone want to sell their copy of XP on eBay? It's been opened, it's been activated - it's no use to you at all, then.

You really should find the money to buy from a good value retai outlet. Far less, nay zero, grief.

thankyou for the reply bobby,what would be ideal is to find someone in the alabama/georgia area that is looking to sell a full version at a reasonable price. That way I could see what I was getting before buying and do some checking before buying would be good. Guess I will go with a store bought one since the ideal is not always possible. But thank you for the offer bobby, if I did decide to get a copy from you what would be the cost and is this a full version w/sp2 and not an actual copy as in home made?

a retail copy of XP home (full) + SP2 is about $300

WoW ,i can buy from retail store for about $100.00 or less here in Canada .check here ,local store about 20 mile from me and they sell online .
http://www.thewebbeach.com/products.asp?id=60
as for the ebay one i asked seller if it was use and he said yes ,so don't buy from ebay unless it says its new ,I used ebay for the past 3 yrs or so ,made about 108 purchases ,about 5 were bad buys !

300 is a bit high, xp sels for 90 the most full version not upgrade will be about 200. the versions i have a full sp2 corporate version multiple pc install does not even need activation.

WoW ,i can buy from retail store for about $100.00 or less here in Canada .check here ,local store about 20 mile from me and they sell online .

I converted from £s and ms are really expensive here

a full vista premium is £220 which is $460. MS have like a 300% markup in europe

tyvm everyone for all the info on xp I'll have to shop around more before I decide, anyway got the burner working now so ME is working with all its errors at the moment lol and I'll just keep shoping around...

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.