One of friends use windows xp ... and the problem is that when he starts his pc ... no application can start ... saying windows workstation is shutting down . couldnot initialize application. what is the problem ?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Hello,

He probably has a virus. I remember reading about some virus earlier this year. I think the only way around it was to boot in safe mode, and then run a tool to remove it. You might even have to boot from different media (CD-ROM, floppy) and run the tool from there, bypassing the OS alltogether.

If you do get the machine up, get the data backed up right away, as the repair might result in a format and start over.

Christian

If NT AUTHORITY is shutting your system down, you can use the Stinger tool:

http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger

What is the exact error message you're getting, by the way?

I think he installed some softwares which needed rebooting ... and he didnt reboot intalling some more softwares alike .... I just formatted the c drive and installed windows again ... LOL.

I think he installed some softwares which needed rebooting ... and he didnt reboot intalling some more softwares alike .... I just formatted the c drive and installed windows again ... LOL.

LOL...

That's the "best" fix for every windows problem, isn't it? ;)

HAHA ... yes this windows is worth doing that... I dont know why this computer giant makes that buggy things.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.