I want to know the best solution for the following problem.
I have free internet access included in my rent but I also have file server (synology DS06) with ethernet access (connected to my router) and a wireless HP printer/scanner (PSC 2710) also connected to my own router.
Problem now is that I have to switch wireless network when I want to access my files or print something. This works but is a bit annoying.....
Microsoft's VirtualWiFi could not solve the problem since my landlady is using WEP.
I see a couple of oportunities:
1) Create a keyboard shortcut for switching network. (Is this possible?)
2) Buy a bridge device and connect it to my 3com wireless router. (Would this work and in that case can someone recommend a god piece of hardware?)
3) Find another program similar to VirtualWiFi that can handle WEP. (Does it exist?)
4) Buy another WiFi card for all my laptops and have them connect to different networks. (Would that work?)
5) Connect the wireless printer to the landlady's network. (I guess this means that anyone can access it so I am not the found of this solution)
Any other suggestions are more than welcome!