Hi

I have just bought a crossover cable to connect my brothers and my own computers together, to play games across.

I dont think that my network card is working. i went into the command prompt and typed "ipconfig" and it says.

Windows IP configuration

ethernet wireless (i think)

"media stae......: media discconected"

can anbody help, i have been able to play games from my laptop to my brotheres computer using a crossover cable before.

thanks

Jsmes

Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by thunderstorm98

go into control panel >network connection, and tell us if you have a ethernet connection. if it's not listed, go to system properties and see if any devices name ethernet controller has a red x, yellow question mark or yellow spot with an exclamation ! sign.

Hi there no ethere net in network connections just wireless and a 1394.

I've been into "devices" in "system", and there is no ethernet listed under network adaptors, but it says "ethernet controller" under "other devices" with a question mark and !.

thanks

Then check the status by Double-clicking on it. If Windows says no drivers installed for this device then you must need to install the appropriate drivers for that device.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.