DoMT 0 Newbie Poster

Background: I have DSL at home, with 5 static IPs. In the past I would just put the static IP on each computer and had internet connectivity through the switch and the DSL modem. Recently I'd moved and they said they changed their network and it's now PPPoE and my old set up would no longer work and that I'll need a router.

I bought a Netgear RangeMax WPN824 router, I have my new 5 static IPs, subnet mask, default gateway and the ISP's DNS.

(This is the part that gets fuzzy and see if it's correct):
1. They said my DSL Modem and Router are both trying to authenticate with PPPoE so they had me turn my DSL Modem into a 'bridge'.
2. I'd entered my login Information into the Router, I'd set the router's Internet IP to the default gateway and it does have connectivity.
3. The router's LAN IP is the factory 192.168.1.1, I'd first test DHCP on my computers, it gets assigned 192.168.1.2 and I am able to go out onto the internet.
4. I'd tried to assign a static IP to the computer, with the subnet mask, with the router's IP as the default gateway. No connectivity. Can't ping the router's IP or 192.168.1.1

How do I utilize the static IPs that I have? I need it for a web server. I'd tried to do the Port Forwarding. I'd set up the netgear to forward port 80 to the web server, however the web server's IP is 192.168.1.3 (else there's no connectivity), but how do I get to the web server from the outside? If I give it the IP of the router, I just get the Admin login screen of the router instead of forwarding.

Please help, thank you.