I have a Netgear WGT634U and it doesn't seem to want to work :(

Last night, my ISP (Virgin Media) decided to randomly disconnect me...again. So I unplugged the router and the modem, waited 20 secs and it usually fixes the problem.

But this time, when I plugged the router back in all of the port lights were on and I only use 3 so I thought that was odd. I tested it without any ethernet cables in and still all of the port lights were on (well, the power, "i", 1, 2, 3, 4 lights were all on).

I can't even connect to the router itself (192.168.1.1) and have tried resetting it to factory settings but with no luck :(

It's embarrassing seeing as I'm an IT professional (Cisco qualified too :P)

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hello,

Usually when this happens to me I only unplug the modem power and Ethernet. Leaving the router on.

I suggest unplugging the router for a few mins then plug it in leave it until only the power light is on. Then reconnect the ethernet for the internet wait a minute and then plug in the rest of the cables.

I'll give that a try, thanks :)

I've also emailed netgear to see if they can help, either way I'll let everyone know what happens :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.