Hi,

While I was doing so work I accidently knocked the power cable out the back of my PC. Since then I have been experencing no or extremely limited connectivity through my network card.

I have re-configered the network settings, changed it from DHCP to static IP, after I did this I did start getting slightly more connectivity through the network card but only just.

After pinging a number of other systems on the network as well as the router I have managed to get 1 100% loss, 6 75% loss, and 2 50% loss pings.

This is a Windows XP machine with the network card in build into the mother board. No other computers on this network have been effected in the slightest.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Is this a WiFi or Base-T network card?

Have you tried to put a new card in (and disable to onboard one)?

It is Base-T, and I have not added any other network cards to the system or disabled the on board network card (at least not to my knowlage)

It is Base-T, and I have not added any other network cards to the system or disabled the on board network card (at least not to my knowlage)

Check the BIOS. Change something, and save it back, even if you have to change it back. Power surges can toast BIOS.

Disable the card in BIOS. Remove it from the hardware profile list in XP. Enable it in BIOS, then let XP find it again. If it does not find it, disable it in BIOS again, and pick a new NIC up and install it.

Well I have tried it and it didn't work so I'll have to get a new card. Thanx for your help.

Considering that the card is inbuilt into the motherboard could that mean that there are other problems in the motherboard?

Well I have tried it and it didn't work so I'll have to get a new card. Thanx for your help.

Considering that the card is inbuilt into the motherboard could that mean that there are other problems in the motherboard?

Posibility is high, probability is medium.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.